|Posted on 1/25/2018 5:13:00 PM.|
|A former Monroe children’s TV show host known as “Mr. Wonder” will now have to register as a sex offender as part of a plea deal for inappropriate conduct with a child back in 1979. 78-year-old Frank Selas pleaded guilty to indecent behavior with a juvenile earlier this month, but was not required to register as a sex offender. Mr. Wonder’s attorney Mike Small. |
|Frank Selas, Mr. Wonder, Mike Small, sex offender, Tommy Carnline|
|Posted on 1/18/2018 4:01:00 PM.|
|Frank Selas, known as Mr. Wonder on a Monroe children’s television show in the 1970s, accepted a plea deal in Rapides Parish, where he’ll serve five years for sexually assaulting a child during a camping trip in 1979. Selas gets two years credited for time served and will not have to register as a sex offender since the sex offender registry didn’t exist when the crime was committed. Legal analyst Tim Meche says this is exactly how a plea agreement is supposed to work.More|
|Frank Selas, Tim Meche, Mr. Wonder, Mike Small, Rapides Parish, KNOE-TV|
|Posted on 10/12/2017 3:32:00 PM.|
The Monroe children’s television star known as Mr. Wonder will have his day in court in February. Frank John Selas the Third, is facing child molestation charges from allegations that stem from a Rapides Parish camping trip in 1979. The now 77-year-old was arrested in 2016 in San Diego. Selas’ Attorney Mike Small wanted an earlier trial date than February 5th, but there were several extenuating circumstances.
"The judge had the rather difficult task of coordinating dates that were available to both me and my co-counsel from San Diego, the prosecutor and of course the court's prior commitments," Small said.
Small says Selas remains in good spirits despite his time in jail over the last 21 months.
"He's been incarcerated either in California or here since January of 2016. He gets very good treatment here. The sheriff is very lenient in allowing visitation", Small said.
Selas has pleaded not guilty to all charges, including the two counts of aggravated rape. Small is confident his client will be found not guilty, because the now 45-year-old accuser has a criminal history.
"The complainant was a former police officer. He has a prior federal felony conviction, a firearms conviction and his of course his credibility will be at issue", Small said.
A pretrial conference is scheduled for December 18.
|Frank Selas, Mr. Wonder, Monroe|
|Posted on 5/16/2016 5:43:00 AM.|
The former Monroe children’s TV personality, known as Mr. Wonder, will be arraigned today on accusations he sexually abused children almost 40 years ago. 76-year-old Frank John Selas III faces 13 counts, including two counts of aggravated rape, from an alleged incident that occurred on a 1979 camping trip in Rapides Parish. Legal analyst Tim Meche says it’s difficult to prosecute a case this old, because there will be witness problems and no forensic evidence.
|Tim Meche, Frank Selas, Mr. Wonder|
|Posted on 5/4/2016 5:40:00 PM.|
Former-Monroe TV personality “Mr. Wonder” has given up on fighting extradition from California back to Rapides Parish to face child sex charges that date back to 1978. Rapides Parish Sheriff’s office spokesperson, Lt. Tommy Carnline, says they are pleased the case against Frank Selas is moving forward.
|Lt. Tommy Carnline, Frank Selas, Mr. Wonder|
|Posted on 2/26/2016 10:51:00 AM.|
Former Monroe TV personality “Mr. Wonder” has been indicted on sexual assault charges. Rapides Parish Assistant District Attorney Brian Mosley says a grand jury indicted 76-year-old Frank Selas on a long list of charges.
|Mr. Wonder, Frank Selas, Brian Mosley|
|Posted on 2/11/2016 1:10:00 PM.|
After an identity hearing in California today, a judged has ruled Frank Selas is former Monroe TV personality “Mr. Wonder” who is accused of committing sex crimes in Louisiana in the 70s. Lt. Tommy Carnline with the Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office says now the process of getting Selas back to Louisiana begins.
|Frank Selas, Mr. Wonder, Rapides Parish, Tommy Carnline|
|Posted on 1/28/2016 2:37:00 PM.|
The alleged child predator who was a popular Monroe television host in the 70s, claims he is not the “Mr. Wonder” that authorities have been looking for. The man identified as Frank Selas was arrested in San Diego for allegedly sexually abusing children during a Louisiana camping trip in 1979. Deputy US Marshal Steve Jurman, based in San Diego, says it’s mind blowing the access to kids this man had since 1985 in California.
|Mr. Wonder, Frank Selas, child predator, Monroe, Steve Jurman, San Diego|
|Posted on 1/26/2016 1:21:00 PM.|
A children’s TV personality in north Louisiana known as, “Mr. Wonder” is in custody on allegations of criminal sexual conduct with juveniles. 76-year-old Frank Selas was arrested in San Diego, California and his alleged crimes date back to the 1970s. Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Spokesperson Lt. Tommy Carnline says Selas would invite children ages 5 to 11 on weekend camping trips…
|Mr. Wonder, Frank Selas, Rapides Parish Sheriff's Office, Tommy Carnline|